Photo

Other favourite otome/anime

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#141 Seolyn

Seolyn
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSitting at a kotatsu eating sweet potatoes with Touya.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 21:30 PM

I wonder if anyone here knows any more free browser based otome games, or the best quality ones to download? D8
Or even where to get console/handheld otome games for a good price (English, Japanese or Korean are okay for me ^^).

#142 hinata406

hinata406
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationin my imaginary world where every thing is made of Chocolate

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

i really  love  playing  otome  games but  the  ones  i  know  i  have to pay for  them and  my mom wont  let me and T^T i'm dieing  out  of  sadness

#143 Berylee

Berylee
  • Star Project Angels
  • 370 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 May 2013 - 21:13 PM

So, while I wait for Torian, I'm playing some other otome games.

Right now I'm revisiting Girlish Love Revolution, trying to get some more of the endings with the guys. Has anyone here played this game before? I'm looking for some suggestions about the next guy I should pursue (a guy with a great story/end), because I'm kind of selecting them at random. They're all interesting though. I already got the best end for Ryutaro, Kaede and Masaki... and thanks to Angie at brokenforum.com, I have a good idea of what to expect from Toru, Kennosuke and Onii-chan. I just finished a route and I'm debating about my next one because these stories take commitment to get through. Any opinions? If not, I think I'll go the Onii-chan route and actually finish it (since Angie couldn't :P). He's too hilariously adorkable, but apparently I have to play through his story twice to get the good end. I'm not sure if that's worth it. I heard in passing that Ayato's story is good too, but I really have no idea.

DJKen-5050_zps0769a58c.pngKato-5050_zps0c9b49b6.pngKaren-5050_zps6934b734.pngRyoka-5050_zpsaee10e91.pngNaoyuki-5050_zps189bf9df.pngYuki-5050_zps8c7b4c3b.pngTetsuo-5050_zps5c543019.pngMadamuo-5050_zpsfa344a74.pngLiko-5050_zps52000850.pngRiku-5050_zpsda09c205.pngYuri_5050_zps7e1f509c.pngRyuzi-5050_zpse04518ee.pngSeichiro-5050_zpsa44be9e7.pngSakamoto-5050_zpsfa008913.pngYano-5050_zpsdcccda39.png

#144 Claire Violet

Claire Violet
  • Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSomewhere but nowhere!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

I like SecondReproduction game!

Gardis is lovely but Lezette is cute!

Still I fall in Jin trap..... :wub: such a hottie~ :ph34r:

#145 moonpaw17

moonpaw17
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

if you have an iphone or ipod you can play voltage inc. games like, love letter from theif x, be my princess, in your arms tonight, seduced in the sleepless city, my forged wedding, pirates in love, celebrity darling, and a knights devotion. each story line cost $4 though but it is totally worth it <3

plus there is this really funny one on devaint art called swimming anime sims date~

as for anime goes, i really love black butler, fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, one piece, bleach, black cat, hunter x hunter, fairy tail, and uta no prince-sama~

#146 spicyangel

spicyangel
  • Members
  • 319 posts
  • LocationYou wish you were as sexy as 'dis sexy beast ;)

Posted 18 May 2013 - 15:10 PM

I love My Candy Love, it's a great game and the graphics are great!!! Plus it's online so it gets bonus points for that.

RE: Alistair is a good otome game, the graphics are really, really good, but it's a downloaded game. But it's soooo worth it.

Café Rouge is another great online otome game. As all chapters are now out, it's easier to play and understand as you can play one episode after another, the graphics aren't as good as the others, but the storyline is terrific.

I only watch a few anime's but I do recommend:

Hetalia, it's hilarious!

Bleach, because who doesn't love it???

xox

#147 evilRevan

evilRevan
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationInside my head

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:04 PM

The only Otome game I've played besides the Harvest Moon and Rune factory franchise would be Dandelion: Wishes brought to you. Dandelion is run by a Korean company, but has been translated into English with a free demo to test out on their website, Chertiz. Personally, I love the game having played the demo and then finished the full version of the game. I just love the backgrounds for all the guys you can woo. I frequently replay the game because I am sucker for a certain long haired guy in the game....

Lets just say the game will make you cry at certain points. 

Totally worth what I paid for it and I am eagerly waiting for their next Otome game, Nameless which features animated dolls. Trust me, it doesn't sound as creepy as you think when you look at the guys that are woo-able. 

Anime wise... I highly recommend Haruka toki no naka de, Amnesia (Not the horror game), and Brave. All three are really good reverse harem/otome animes that I personally enjoy. Haruka Toki no Naka De may not be your cup of tea, same with Amnesia but they do have some really nice plot twists and such. If you don't watch Haruka, or don't like it, I highly recommend watching Amnesia because it is just so perplexing and keeps you glued to your seat because you don't know what is happening right off the bat. Brave is just if you like watching something in an older time period, same as Haruka, It is still nice, but more comedy mixed in with adventure. 

If anyone cares about manga... I can recommend quite a few actually. Akatsuki no Yona is a pretty nice otomeish manga with a decent female lead that isn't wimpy or absolutely useless. Saver is the same way, stronger lead female and some nice looking art style. I say Saver is more interesting, but Akatsuki no Yona isn't bad either. I/2 prince is amazing, if you like waiting for them to update. It's been quite a while since they've updated, but there is plently to read until the people scanning and uploading get back into the swing of things. Pretty much 1/2 Prince is about a girl that plays a virtual video game and decides to become a male instead of become a girl ingame. Pretty amusing to anyone who has played games like WoW and such. Haha. But there are pretty boys in there as well! 

Edited by evilRevan, 19 May 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#148 Mikumisibatsuki

Mikumisibatsuki
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 May 2013 - 16:21 PM

Anyone knows

a good otome game tht i dont need to buy / to download ? xD

something like star project/sweetamoris :D ? or some thing like for example chronicle days sim date :D ?

~ Meli

#149 Flitzy

Flitzy
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 18:07 PM

asdfghjkl; did someone mention Mr. Toko? <3 whoever did, i love you in the most heterosexual way ever.

I've played a few otome games... Some of them are inappropriate so i won't mention them  

I played a Sherlock Holmes once. It was like doing puzzles while trying to seduce Sherlock Holmes. o-o  

Memoirs of an Angel was good. 

I can't think of any more that no one mentioned... 

I would recommend Shin-sekai Yori (From the New World), Amnesia, Mirai Nikki, Full Moon wo Sagashite and Pandora Hearts for animes. 

Shin-sekai Yori has a bit of yaoi and yuri. It was only in one episode though. 

...OH! 

I almost forgot. 

I would also recommend Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club if you are a female. 

It's basically a swimming anime where the guys take of their shirts a lot. *~* 

It's not finished yet, but it's good so far. 

It's kind of sexy weird how they randomly just take off their shirts though... xD 

#150 Trickstar

Trickstar
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationIn my room, far from civilization

Posted 14 July 2013 - 20:41 PM

I've played a lot of dating sims. I've played galge/eroge (dating sims for boys), otome and BL (yaoi) and GL (yuri). I'll mention only otome games i've played:

Pacthesis @ Deviantart: I like how she always comes up with interesting idea and the characters ranges from decent to really good. My only minor complain is how she drew the mouth of the characters for the side view. It looks like they have mouth on their lower cheek. But, other than that, they are really fun games.

Frozen Essence: I really like the premise, storyline and character. I also like there are multiple endings, one of my favorites. Characters are a little bit awkwardly drawn, but it is negligible.

RE++Alistair: I'm sorry, but I dislike this game. Not all three characters interest me. The art is good and the concept is actually interesting. But, I just don't like the characters. They have boring personality, and the plot is predictable.

Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side (1, 2,3): Often dubbed as the "mother" of otome games, I find myself kind of agree with this. It is more like a cross of dating sims with life simulation, which I really like. There are tons of events, school clubs, part time works, and of course huge selections of guys and endings too.

Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo: I really like the concept - going on a diet to win your guys. Sort of life simulation where you raise you parameters to win a guy. Most of the characters are really interesting. The thing I dislike is the dating since it is fairly repetitive and only limited choices to make.

Princess Debut: I don't like most of the characters. They are too childish for me. I like rhythm games, but the dance is fairly repetitive. The thing I like about this game is unlocking outfits, that's it.

My Candy Love: I don't bother with this one. The AP system to move around sucks big time. I also don't like the art as well. I might give it a chance sometime, but most likely not in the near future. 

Vampire Knight DS: played this in Japanese and I know Japanese a little bit, soooo. It is somewhat like MCL with bunches of mini games thrown in. The storyline is nothing impressive, just Yuuki wants to win a guy. Period. If you're a fan of the manga/anime, you may enjoy this one. But, honestly I won't really recommend.

Ouran High School Host Club DS: Lots of anime cutscenes, mostly are quite hilarious. Gameplay is a bit repetitive at times, since most of the choice you make is just like this: "Haruhi, who you want to go with?" a. Tamaki. b. Kyoya. c. Hikaru. d. Kaoru. e. Honey. f. Mori. That's it. Not much of a gameplay if you ask me. If you're a fan of the manga/anime, you may enjoy this one, too.

Princess Maker 4 DS: more like life simulation rather than dating, but i really enjoy this one. You as an a father raise your adopted daughter until she's 17, where she chooses her future career and love interests. You can make her a Queen, princess, demon's wife, nun, whore (yes, you read it right),  knight, judge, etc. Granted, you need to know a bit of Japanese to understand whats going on, but you "don't need to" in order to finish the fame since the gameplay is quite easy to figure out.

Semi dating sims:

Harvest Moon and Rune Factory: They are one of my favorite game franchises, but not much of dating, but because of the gameplay (farming!) and the characters.

Avalon Code: RPG with a few side quests of the dating element. Gameplay is quite fun imo.

P3P - Persona 3 Portable has a few romance sidequest where you play as a FeMC. It has life simulation mixed with RPG elements, and I really like it.

Otome games waiting to be played: Hatoful Boyfriend (you date pigeons!), Jurassic Heart (you date freaking T-Rex, lol!!), Pirates in Love (more like visual novel than dating sim - iOS), Will O' Wisp (DS), Alice in the Country of Hearts and all the spinoffs (PC), Hakuouki (PSP), Angelique, Fatal Hearts (PC), Princess Maker 2 (PC), Hiiro no Kakera series (PSP), Starry Sky series (PSP), La Corda d'Oro (PS2).

#151 Berylee

Berylee
  • Star Project Angels
  • 370 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 July 2013 - 21:18 PM

It's good to see someone who's played tons of otome games :D.

I've played many of the ones that you've mentioned, but sadly I don't really know Japanese to play the others. You're so lucky to have played Tokimemo 3. I've been hoping that a translation might be done for it, but it sure is taking a long time. I love the other two of them.

I'm curious about which endings you've gotten Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo. I've finished Ryutaro, Kaede, Masaki, and Onii-chan (1st time through), almost done Ren's path (but took a break), and I've read about Toru's and Kennosuke's routes online. Which guy's route did you think was the best? I'd like to know in case I haven't done it yet. Also, do you know if playing Onii-chan's route is worth it the 2nd time through for his true good ending? I love the guy and think that his presence alone in this game is too funny.

I see you haven't played Hatoful Boyfriend yet.... play it! It's so worth it :lol:. The full version is worth it too instead of just the demo. If you like things that feel new and interesting to play, I'd say this is definitely one of those games. It's well-written and you'll love the characters, not to mention it's hilarious.

I need to go look into Jurassic Heart. It sounds like my kind of game hahahaha.

DJKen-5050_zps0769a58c.pngKato-5050_zps0c9b49b6.pngKaren-5050_zps6934b734.pngRyoka-5050_zpsaee10e91.pngNaoyuki-5050_zps189bf9df.pngYuki-5050_zps8c7b4c3b.pngTetsuo-5050_zps5c543019.pngMadamuo-5050_zpsfa344a74.pngLiko-5050_zps52000850.pngRiku-5050_zpsda09c205.pngYuri_5050_zps7e1f509c.pngRyuzi-5050_zpse04518ee.pngSeichiro-5050_zpsa44be9e7.pngSakamoto-5050_zpsfa008913.pngYano-5050_zpsdcccda39.png

#152 proengrish

proengrish
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRen's pan-- I mean.. room?.. ( ̄~ ̄;)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 20:53 PM

anime: Bleach, Inuyasha, Tokyo Mew Mew(lol, don't judge me... this was my childhood),
Sailor Moon(again, this was my childhood, I AM NOT ASHAMED),
Another(I feel bad for laughing at some of the death scenes.. including this one),
07 ghost, Kuroko no Basuke, Ouran High School Host Club, Uta no Prince-sama, Durarara, Jingoku Shoujo, Daily Life of High School Boys,
Kuroshitsuji (only season 1 and OVAs),
Skip Beat, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Hakuouki, Howl's Moving Castle, Inu x Boku SS, Hyouka, Monochrome Factor, Toradora,
Iwatobi Swim Club(currently watching this one, I really like the animation/artwork)
^ I has so mach moar~ ಥ‸ಥ

manga: 16 Life, A Cat That Loved a Fish, Nanairo Sekai, Papillon: Hana to Chou, Akuma to Love Song, Horimiya, Barajou no Kiss, Noblesse, Kaibutsu-kun, Megane-chan to Yankee-kun,
Bleach(chapters 501-502 & 513 man.. QAQ), Skip Beat(dammit, just fuc --confess already!), Kuroshitsuji, Ouran High School Host Club, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Inu x Boku SS, etc

otome games: Hatoful Boyfriend, Swimming Anime Dating Sim: VERY BETA, Be My Princess(gree), My Sweet Bodyguard(gree),

I wish I could add more, but I have to get ready for work...

Taemin---le-Sigh.gif

Edited by proengrish, 19 July 2013 - 20:54 PM.

#153 Kulain

Kulain
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTX, USA

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:51 AM

I know this was said a long time ago :P but ...
I actually hated my candy love, illustrations and guys looks didn't interest me the least bit, ESPECIALLY the AP's, those just really tuned off my interest.

But see, waiting for Torian, I started playing my candy love to fill my 'otome' needs, and in the end, despite my opinion on the horrible graphics, I ended up getting into it XD

Although, I am still really picky about otome type games.

Pacthesis, although they're funny, I don't really like her games. I don't like the graphics. (Sorry if I offended anyone)

My Candy Love: I don't bother with this one. The AP system to move around sucks big time. I also don't like the art as well. I might give it a chance sometime, but most likely not in the near future.

I think Zeiva's is good though, I'd play her games fully if we didn't have to pay :|

Edited by Kulain, 21 July 2013 - 02:54 AM.

#154 Kiyohime

Kiyohime
  • Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

@Kulain 

I don't think anyone plays Pacthesis' games for her graphics xDD. I only play them for the humor and story line. 

@Trickstar 

If you played Princess Maker you might want to try out Prince Maker II Braveness and/or III Renascence (although the latter is only out in chinese). 

I build up my APs for MCL and only play every now and then since I've been playing more downloadable otome games. So I usually have about 100 Aps or at on point over 500 Aps every time I feel like playing. My Candy Love illustrations are pretty bad but sometimes they're good. I just don't really get how the sprites could be so well drawn but the illustrations are so bad. It's like two different people drew them. 

I haven't played too many otome games lately but I plan on changing that sometime. I've just been playing BL games.

I did play a little short called Boku no Shokura which was sort of cute if you want to play something quick and simple. 

I tried Always Remember Me... and I have to say I quit after one route xD. I might go back to play but not soon. Since the plot line was totally rushed and skipped a lot in the route I played which just had me going WTF and threw me off. 

I also played Date Warp finally after only playing the demo. I have to say it wasn't bad and I liked it quite a lot. Some of the CGs didn't have the best art but that was made up for how cute the sprites were and the story line. The heroine wasn't filled with cliche either. 

#155 mabelita

mabelita
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

Posted 27 July 2013 - 23:01 PM

does somebody knows some cool games like Starproject that are free and you can play online??? TT-TT I NEED MORE GAMES

#156 Claire Violet

Claire Violet
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

does somebody knows some cool games like Starproject that are free and you can play online??? TT-TT I NEED MORE GAMES

So far, Mycandylove.

But I don't like the game. 

The energy is suck!

#157 Claire Violet

Claire Violet
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

LOVE BISHOUNEN? READ THIS MANGA!

f1706591-97ca-4c0f-a5b6-fc3ed25702c7.jpg

ADEKAN!

Edited by Claire Violet, 28 July 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#158 sailorsin

sailorsin
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 15:08 PM

The anime I would recommend are : 

Kaichou wa maid sama
Kimi ni todoke 
Skip Beat!
Kobato
MaoYuu (a.k.a Mao Yuusha)
Nana
Paradise Kiss 
Peach girl
Gosick
Full moon o sagashite
Starry Sky
Amnesia
Sankarea
Sekai ichi hatsukoi (this one is boyslove, if you're into it it's a must watch!)
The Idolm@ster
Uraboku
Uta no prince sama 
Uta no prince sama season 2
Nodame cantabile
Nodame cantabile paris
Nodame cantabile finale
Strawberry panic (this one is girlxgirl)
Kobato
Clannad
Clannad after story
Inu x Boku SS 
Hakuouki : Shinsengumi kittan
Hakuouki : Reimeiroku
Chihayafuru
Chihayafuru season 2
Tsubasa chronicle
Air TV
Angel beats
Anohana
Kuragehime
Kamichama Karin
No. 6 
Chouyaku hyakuninisshu : Uta Koi
Kamisama hajimemashita
Ouran high school host club
Vampire knight
Vampire knight guilty
Free! (this one is still on-going)
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

The anime listed above are just anime that I think girls will love in general, especially girls who love star project :3
The genres in this list are either romantic or sad love stories, with the exception of Chihayafuru, Kuragehime and The Idolm@ster.

Enjoy :D I wish I could give a list of otome games, but I'm pretty new to this myself. So far I've been playing a lot of different Otome games on android (I highly recommend Forbidden love) and I've downloaded several Otome games for PC but haven't played them yet.

Edited by sailorsin, 28 July 2013 - 15:15 PM.

#159 Claire Violet

Claire Violet
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 15:30 PM

No.6 is abit BL at end!  :wub:

#160 sailorsin

sailorsin
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 16:42 PM

No.6 is abit BL at end!  :wub:

Just a little ^^ I wish there was more BL anime similar to sekai ichi hatsukoi though .. that'd be so awesome *__* 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users